Friday, March 21, 2008

A Hard Day's Night

After lugging a huge heavy backpack around all day, at night we get to sleep on the hard ground.

I have a pretty good sleeping bag....weighs 4 pounds, is a little bulky, but manageable. Tom's is more compact, and lighter at 3 pounds. Now we have to figure out what's going to go under and over.

Under is rock, and over is bugs, so what I need is a sleeping pad and a tent, both of which will add considerable weight to haul out of the canyon on the last day (more on that in another post).

When we go car-camping I use a self-inflating sleeping pad, but I am considering a lighter foam pad. I don't know how comfortable that will be-- may have to sleep out in the back yard for a couple nights to test them out before deciding.

Meanwhile Josh is working on a tent solution for us, so we'll see what he comes up with.

Good progress walking last week, just over 12 miles.

No comments: